Animal Control

Dog and Cat Tag Licence

Return your completed Licence Application Form to one of our purchase locations with payment or contact our Tag Sales Agent, Andrea Duffy-LeBlanc, at 705-790-4364 to get a dog or cat tag licence. Purchase locations include the Township Administration Centre and any Springwater library branch. 

Canine Control

Monday to Friday - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Excluding statutory holidays)
Municipal Law Enforcement Officer ext. 2101
Clerk's Assistant ext. 2013

After Hours: Eric Bronee - 705-794-1126

Lost and Found Pets

All dogs and cats picked up in the Township of Springwater are taken to K9 Pest Management Group Inc (K9-PMG). 

The facility is located at 6311 12th Line in Alliston, Ontario. Pet owners must pay with cash to pick up their lost dog or cat. Contact K9-PMG by phone at 905-729-4554, email at or visit their website for more information.

Wild Animals

Q: Who can I call regarding a wild animal (raccoon, skunk, fox, etc.) on my property?
The Township of Springwater does not remove wildlife from private property. Property owners should contact a licensed pest control service to assist with the removal of wildlife, such as raccoons and skunks.

Q: Who can I call regarding a wild animal (raccoon, skunk, fox etc.) on my property that is acting strange and has bitten a human or domestic animal?

There are diseases or conditions that could cause a wild animal to act abnormally, never approach the animal. Most rabid animals show these signs:
• They are extremely excited
• They may attack objects or other animals
• They may froth at the mouth
• They may bite at anything

If you or a domestic animal has come in contact with a wild animal suspected of having rabies, please seek medical attention, and contact the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit at 705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.

Q: I live on an active livestock farm and there is wildlife on my property that is acting strange and has bitten livestock, a human or a domestic animal, what do I do?

Never approach a wild animal and call the Canada Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) at 705-739-0008. If possible, monitor the wild animal from a safe distance to ensure officials can locate the animal.