Additional Resources

The following links provided are for convenience only and are to be used as resources. The Township of Springwater neither endorses, approves, nor assumes any responsibility for the content included on these external websites.



Why you may need to contact them

County of Simcoe

  • Installation of an entrance (driveway) on a County road
  • Removal of trees
  • Setback information from County roads

Electrical Safety Authority

  • For any and all electrical works

Ministry of Transportation – Highway Corridor Management

  • To obtain criteria, forms and fee information related to Building Land Use, Entrance and Sign permits on lands bordering Provincial Highways that may be required in addition to Township requirements

Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority

  • To determine if property is within a fill regulated area
  • To find information about grants and programs for land owners

Ontario Building Code

  • To look up Code references

Ontario Building Code Act, 1992

  • To look up Regulation references

Ontario Land Registry Office 

  • To obtain Title information for your property

Ontario Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs

  • Navigate to Constructing a Farm Building in Ontario Factsheet.

Ontario One Call

  • Call before you dig!

Ontario Renovates

  • Possible grants and funding for renovation projects, for eligible applicants


Ontario Well Records

(Ministry of Environment)

  • To request well record information or inquire about new wells

Technical Safety Standards Authority

  • Safety of boilers, pressure vessels, elevating devices etc.)


  • Mandatory coverage for contractors